Campus Life

Formosa students are curious and engaged; active involvement outside the classroom is central to Formosa’s culture.

A huge variety of student organizations, activities and events, athletics, exhibitions and performances, and educational opportunities keep campus lively. Each day brings new experiences that allow students to engage their passions.


General and complete banking services (including monetary exchange services and electronic banking services) in NT dollars are provided by banks off campus.

To open a bank account, you are required to do the following: Bring your ARC, passport, and a seal with your Chinese name in traditional characters (signature can also apply) to the bank. Use your Chinese name as the account name. Deposit a minimum of NT$1,000 For those who want to open an account and yet without an ARC card, please bring your passport to the National Immigration Agency first and apply for ROC Uniform ID Number. The Application Form for an ARC number could be found in the following link:

Students under 20 years old needs special permission to open a bank account, thus students under 20 years old are strongly recommended to open a postal account instead of a bank account.

The postal office provides services, including delivery of mail, postal savings, remittance, and simple life insurance. It also offers limited banking services.

To open a postal account in the postal office, students may follow the regulation below:

The depositor must apply in person using an alien resident certificate and secondary certificates (passport, National Health Insurance card or driver's license, etc.), and may not entrust another person with applying on his or her behalf. Applicants who have no alien resident certificate must present their passport and a "record of ID No. in the Republic of China" (apply at the county/city service station of the National Immigration Agency, Ministry of the Interior; for inquiries, call: 02-2388-9393; 0800-024-111).

Required documents:

1. ARC card or a record of ID No. in the Republic of China

2. Passport or NHI card

3. NT$10 (for the first deposit)

4. Account application form (provided by the post office)

5. Deposit slip (provided by the post office)

6. CRS self-certification form (provided by the post office)

For more Postal Saving account information, please visit the official website of Chunghwa Post Co.